„Srdce na dlani“ is an award of Bratislava Volunteer Centre aim of which is to elevate the status of volunteering and contribute to its development:
- it’s an award for volunteers (individuals and groups) and their projects for volunteering activities which they undertake for free for the benefit of others in various areas of public life, development, environment protection, culture, upbringing and education, a.o.,
- it is also an award for volunteers´ coordinators,
- as well as an award for exceptional act or other demonstration of solidarity and motivation to service for others.
In 2016 we decided to continue in the awarding tradition. SAIA stopped this activity in 2002 and consecutively it was restarted by C.A.R.D.O. civic association but only until 2011, when its local character was transformed into a national one. Regional award Srdce na dlani is realised also by the Prešov Volunteer Centre, Volunteer Centre in Banská Bystrica and Nitra Volunteer Centre.
The award is granted on the occasion of the International Volunteer Day on 5 December and International Volunteer Coordinators Day on 5 November. The award is given in the following categories:
- long term volunteering assistance to an organisation
- volunteering in social area
- volunteering in the area of health care
- volunteering for the benefit of environment
- volunteering in the area of culture
- volunteering in the area of education
- volunteering project of the year
- support to volunteering
- volunteers´ coordinator
Statute of the SRDCE NA DLANI 2017 award
The nominations in respective categories are this year (2017) decided by a 5 members independent commission consisting of: Karina Andrášiková- chair of the commission (coordinator of the year 2016, Mládež ulice); Katarína Kňažíková (IUVENTA- Slovenský inštitút mládeže); Pavla Mašková (Nadácia SLSP); Katarína Králiková (PDCO/ UMC); Monika Hricáková (Dom Quo Vadis).