We support organizations that have not yet worked with volunteers or those that are starting by creating and implementing of the volunteering program.
How it works?
If you have decided to create a quality volunteering program in your organization, you should know that this is a long-term process which takes at least half a year. The reason is because the whole process has different phases which are closely interrelated and dependent on one another.
As a first step, you need to contact the BDC. We will be happy to meet you, go through your requirements and needs, and then help you create a volunteering program that we will be fulfilling with you so that there are no unnecessary misunderstandings or mistakes. The whole process is as follows:
- introductory meeting
- mapping the situation in your organization
- preparation of the organization
- selection and training of the coordinator
- creation of a volunteering manual and related administration
- recruitment of the volunteers
- selection and training of the volunteers
- arrival of the volunteers in the organization
- execution of the voluntary activities
- monitoring and guidance for the coordinator and for the volunteers
- motivation and appreciation of the volunteers
- evaluation of the volunteers and volunteering program
What we need from you?
The creation of a volunteering program is a creative and long-term process that requires sufficient time and capacity on both sides involved. The coordination of the volunteers as well requires dedicated time. We'll be happy to advise you on everything, but we need you to have:
- enough time (2 - 20 hours per week, depending on the complexity of the program)
- sufficient staffing capacity (person/s responsible for coordinating the program)
We provide assistance in the creation of volunteering programs to organizations registered in the BDC database free of charge under the AFC Slovakia Program.
We'd like you to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to working together!
If you like what we do and want to support us, you can do so by clicking on this link.