Everyone from 15 years on (under 15 years only with adult), also foreigners are welcome to come and help Sloboda Zvierat with walking the dogs. They have around 170 animals and therefore are very happy if there are enough volunteers to walk all of them every day. Walking the dogs is open to the public, so there isn't a close contact between our organization and the volunteers.
They are open daily from 10:00 - 18:00, walks are possible from 12:00 to 16:30. Volunteers don't have to inform anyone whether and when they will be able to come, it's completely up to them. Here is some basic information about walking the dogs at the shelter:
- ID (name, address) and phone number are necessary to register at the front desk.
- There is a one-time administrative fee - 2€.
- Once volunteers receive their ‘‘volunteer card‘‘, they can go outside and show it to one of our employees and they will give them a dog to walk.
- Dogs must be kept on the leash. Careful: some of them don’t like other dogs.
- Walking time is from 12:00 to 16:30 in winter or 17:30 in summer. The dogs must be returned on time, so that they don’t miss the dinner.
- The ‘‘volunteer card‘‘ has to be used for following visits.
This information is also displayed at the front desk of the organization, it usually isn't a problem for a foreigner to go through this process, even though the majority of the employees doesn't speak English.
The address of the shelter is Polianky 1/a, Bratislava.
If you have further questions, please contact them. They look forward to your visit (but it might be a little bit complicated, because as I said, there aren't many people who speak English).
Selma de Donnova
back to list